Tumescent Liposculpture (liposuction): one of the most effective ways to permanently remove excess fat
Tumescent Liposculpture is one of the most commonly performed and advanced surgical techniques of permanently removing excess fat deposits in areas that are resistant to exercise and diet. It is an increasingly popular alternative to traditional liposuction for men and women seeking a less invasive treatment that does not normally require being put to sleep under general anaesthetic.
What does tumescent mean?
Tumescent is a word that means firm or swollen. The use of this word in reference to this procedure refers to the fact that a large amount of local anaesthesia is injected into the fat that is to be removed, thus usually eliminating the need for general anaesthetic. The injected local anaesthetic also constricts blood vessels which results in minimised surgical blood loss.
Though people of almost any age can be good candidates for liposculpture, good skin elasticity is needed to achieve a smooth contour in any of the following areas:
- Cheek, jowls
- Under chin/neck
- Male chest
- Love handles
- Saddle Bags
- Upper back / around bra strap
With Tumescent Liposculpture:
- Body contours are re-sculpted by removal of subcutaneous fat
- Performed under local anaesthetic and mild sedation
- Works best for removing stubborn fat deposits which persist despite exercise and good diet
- Modern tumescent liposculpture technique has a very favourable risk profile. Dr Prochazka will discuss surgical risks in detail at your first consultation
- Cost: Varies according to area and extent of treatment. An accurate quote cannot be given without personal assessment by the surgeon.
A thin, hollow tube known as a cannula is inserted below the skin through very small incisions, and then used to break apart and vacuum out unwanted fat. The incisions will be made in the body’s natural folds whenever possible in order to minimise the appearance of any resulting scarring. A unique surgical plan will be designed for you to best suit your physical features and desired result.
Tumescent Liposculpture facilitated by Crown and Skin in Campbelltown, Sydney
Crown and Skin is the parent company of International Centre for Cosmetic Medicine (ICCM) who perform all of the surgeries on offer.
A personal consultation with your surgeon is the first step for any patient considering liposculpture. We will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your aesthetic goals, and address any questions or concerns you may have.
If you would like to know more, or to request a consultation, please contact us today.