Our surgeons have a long history performing facelift surgery in Sydney.
Crown and Skin is part of ICCM (International Centre for Cosmetic Medicine) whose surgeons have extensive experience performing facelifts in Sydney.
There are many types of facelifts and your surgeon will need to consult with you to determine which method will be most suitable for you and your needs.
Our most popular kind of facelift surgery is the MACS (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension) Lift. This is a new type of facelift which is less invasive than traditional techniques. It does not require exposure of the facial nerves and involves less undermining of the skin. The revolutionary MACS lift procedure leaves the patient with a shorter scar than traditional facelift procedures. It also offers a faster recovery time, minimal risk and excellent long-term lifting effect. It’s an ideal procedure to combat signs of ageing by repositioning the facial tissues to achieve a more youthful appearance.
Our doctors’ vast experience in these procedures means that they are experienced in working with the deeper facial planes and muscular structure of the traditional facelift procedure, or the less invasive MACS Lift.
In all forms of facelift surgery, we deliver a natural look that is virtually undetectable as cosmetic surgery.
With Facelift surgery:
- Surgical face lifting is appropriate where there is moderate to severe drooping and skin excess of midface, jowls and/or neck
- Incisions are made at the hairline, in front of the ears and around the earlobe
- The facial skin is pulled back from the underlying muscular structure
- The underlying membranous/muscular layer (called the SMAS) is repositioned and tightened using long-acting sutures to improve the contour of the face
- Excess skin is trimmed and the incisions are closed
- Full face and neck lift requires some incisions and skin mobilisation behind the ear as well as in front
- In some cases, a mini-lift or MACS lift may be more appropriate. Incisions and skin undermining are less extensive; recovery is faster
- Can be combined with facial volumisation (using filler or fat transfer); this is called the “volumetric face lift”
- Can be performed under sedation and local anaesthesia, with minimal discomfort. Overnight hospital stay is not usually required
- Likely outcomes and all relevant risks will be discussed in detail at the time of your first consultation
A MACS Lift will range from $12,800 – $14,200
If you would like to know more about facelift surgery, or to request a consultation with our highly experienced and skilled visiting surgeon at Crown and Skin, please contact us today.